Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS UL30VT-A1 vs UL30VT-X1

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 simpsonman3000

simpsonman3000

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

I'm a college student and currently have a 3 year old HP DV6-1030us laptop and a Toshiba NB205-N230 netbook. I have had enough of the HP; the battery died and I got a replacement from the warranty, but it is a big bulky extended life battery and the laptop is big enough already, so it isn't even portable anymore. The netbook is very annoying and underpowered, which i bring to class.

I am looking for a new laptop that is both easily portable (not some 7 pound beast like my HP) and has specs decent enough so that it won't be obsolete in a few years. I have been looking at the ASUS UL30VT-A1 and X1 models and, although they themselves are 2-3 years old, seem to be exactly what I'm looking for. I have seen many reviews that say they are great but, again, they are 2-3 year old reviews.

I was wondering if anyone with any experience with these laptops can help me out if they are good laptops? They all seem to be either refurbished or used, and my plan is to sell my HP and netbook, which it looks like on ebay I can get 350-400 total, and pay the difference towards an A1 or X1

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users