Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which hard drive should I get? Segate or WD 500GB or 1TB?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Twisted13

Twisted13

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

Per thread: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic455377.html/page__view__getnewpost I'm having alot of BSOD's anymore...Did some HDD tests before, and they found bad sectors and etc... Most of my "important stuff" is on the secondary HDD right now.. I'm currently still able to use this primary HDD that's giving me errors / issues. I hope to buy a new HDD today, and have it overnighted... Question is, which one is better? Seagate or Western Digital... I currently have the primary as 500GB and secondary as 160GB .. both are western digital, that's all I've ever used. I found some 1TB Seagates on ebay for about same price almost as a WD 500GB or what-not. Also, I better give my BIOS setup for the HDD's.

Sata Operation, is currently set for "Raid Auto-detect / ACHI"... The other options are, Raid Auto-detect / ATA, Raid On, and Legacy...

Since I seen some 1TB HDD's for Seagate listed on Ebay, for around same price as a Western Digital 500GB...should/could I just get a Seagate 1TB? This is going to be used for Windows 7. Thanks in advanced

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Twisted13

Twisted13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

Okay...lol. Nevermind, already ordered a 750GB Seagate HDD... You can delete this thread... thx :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users