Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mp3 files- Help please!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kamelia

kamelia

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

Hello everyone,

I saved some mp3 files (music) for my mom. I can only play them on my computer but I would like her to play these mp3 files on the DVD player as she does not own a computer. It would be also nice if we can play them on a CD player as well (like the one in the car). Do I have to convert them or what before giving her the files...

We also would like to play the music continuously on the DVD player without having to click on each file separately?

I hope someone can get to me soon...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

KK

Edited by kamelia, 31 May 2012 - 09:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

I don't understand why MP3 files would only be playable on your computer. The MP3 format doesn't impose any DRM (Digital Rights Management) scheme -- at least, none that I know of.

Most DVD players can play MP3 files, but you will have to check the documentation that came with your Mom's player to be sure. The documentation will also tell you how to move from track to track, etc. For the DVD player you should be able to use either DVD±R or CD-R discs. If you've lost the documentation that came with the DVD player try searching on the internet for the make, model number, and the words "user manual" -- or similar phrases.

You won't hurt anything by burning the MP3s to a disc and trying to play them in the DVD player.

Some CD players will play MP3s, but they must be on a CD or CD-R (or CD-RW, but not all audio CD players will play a CD-RW). Again, the only sure ways to know are to read the documentation that came with the CD player, or try to play one.

Edited by Capn Easy, 31 May 2012 - 11:07 PM.

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

This is what I would do and use the .mp3s as a music background.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVD-slideshow-GUI

DVD slideshow GUI offers a very simple way to make your own slideshows. Just import photos and burn them as a slideshow on a DVD or Blu-ray! 237 transitions, 83 Effects you can add to the entire slideshow

Add music, motion backgrounds, borders and subtitles.

For a cd player I'd just convert them into a standard Music CD. 74 to 80 minutes per disk.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users