Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No wireless, av, or firewall

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xrrak

xrrak

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

I have a friends computer with windows 7 home premium. Recently they cannot connect to the internet, the firewall will not start (error 0x8007042c) and AVG free 2012 will not start. I have run Malwarebytes and nothing was found. I ran scandisk and no errors were found. I tried a system restore but the only restore point was one after the problem started. Any suggestions?

Edited by hamluis, 01 June 2012 - 05:53 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:52 AM

Hi -
Open up Computer and then right-click on the drive you want to check (usually C drive), and choose Properties, and then click the Properties button.
Then select the Tools tab, and click the "Check Now" button.
A little dialog will pop up to allow you to choose the options you want for the disk check.
You should check both options if you want to really check the disk properly.

The only problem with that is that Windows can't check a drive that's being used, such as the system drive, but Windows will let you schedule a disk check for the next reboot.
Now Reboot your system and the check will begin -
You should keep in mind that running through a full check disk takes quite a while, sometimes hours depending on how big the drive is and how many files you have.

See how that goes -

Edited by noknojon, 01 June 2012 - 04:53 AM.

#3 xrrak

xrrak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

I did this and it hangs in stage 5 of 5, 23900421 of 51453226 free clusters processed. Also I have posted this topic in Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forums per someone else's instructions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users