Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote Access Between 2 Networks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 donny2001

donny2001

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:42 PM

Hello,

I have a computer thats in a business running Windows 2k. One of our vendors needs to access it remotley to do upgrades or fix errors within the software. The software they required us to use is Symantec's Pc Anywhere.

The Problem:

We are running two different networks within the business.

Network A is for daily operations (7 computers are on this one), with only one computer having internet access (We want to keep it this way for many purposes). This network is all connected to a Linksys hub.

Network B has 3 computers (one of the computers is from network A), that all share a DSL line, and go through a netgear FVS318 Prosafe VPN Firewall.

The computer that is connected to networks a and b can access the internet, but no body can access it from outside the building (WHAT SECURITY! LOL!).

Is there something that has to be setup within network b's router that I am missing?

Any help is appreciated.

DON

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 28 February 2006 - 07:17 PM

You need to address this issue with the individual who administers your network. there, no doubt is reasons as u have mentioned there is so much security. you should not mess around with this, it could seriously comprimise your business network security.

what has to happen is, --
1.get a redirector to the router which has the pc anywhere host. or u can use your routers ip address.
2. you must port forward 5631 and 5632 to the computer who hosts pc any.this is done through your router, which you need to know the user/pass to log into it
3.the computer who hosts pc any. must have a static ip address to effectively get remote requests to it.

this is a start, if you are not familiar with this, because it is a business network.i would get professional help locally. trust me , i do this for a living, and it can go to hell if u are not very careful and knowledgable about this.

dave
Google...Google.....browse..read

#3 donny2001

donny2001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 28 February 2006 - 07:55 PM

Hello,

I was going to say its scary to believe, but I was the one who set everything up for the DSL network, and I consulted with somebody on connecting the one computer with both networks.

I never configured the router. The only thing I did to it when we got it was making the computer that uses both networks to be a static IP in the router and not DHCP. Other than that the router is at a basic configuration. I guess I should have mentioned that part as well.

DON

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users