Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop keys sticking

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 aliboy66

aliboy66

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

Hi not sure if this is the right place to post.I have a Toshiba satellite 650 laptop OS windows some of my keys are sticking any tips

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,611 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

Please explain your problem in more detail

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

Hi Allan, just throwing some things out to see if they stick (No pun intended) :whistle:

If you mean they are sticking down when pressed then it sounds like something sticky was spilled into the keyboard?

Soda or coffee with sugar etc.

In that case since it is a laptop you'll save a lot of headache by replacing the keyboard. Laptop keys are delicate compared to desktop keys.

Or do you mean sticky keys is on?

One cause is physical and the other is software.

I'm betting on the spill since you say Some of my keys are sticking.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 31 May 2012 - 05:11 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#4 aliboy66

aliboy66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:06 PM

Hi what I mean some letters stop working when I press on them like the letter p a and the space bar it can take a while for them to work usually a reboot. Any tips?

#5 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

Hi, Are you saying they completely stop working or that they do not always work?

To put it another way are you saying they start out working and slowly stop working, to where they need more than one press to register or that they only work sometimes right form the start?

Do they only not work in any specific application such as word or Internet explorer but keep working in notepad for example or?

Cheers
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#6 aliboy66

aliboy66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hi they work most of the time when these letters don't work I press on them nothing happens I only the computer to surf the net and emails.Their are 4 of us using this computer and they all say the same thing its not a major problem at the moment but its becoming more frequent.

Edited by aliboy66, 01 June 2012 - 04:36 PM.

#7 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,611 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

If you are saying that there are some specific keys that don't work (both in normal and safe mode) you should pull the keys and clean the keyboard - but it's possible the keyboard needs attention from the laptop manufacturer.

#8 aliboy66

aliboy66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

Hi thanks took off the keys and cleaned underneath seams OK :thumbup2:

#9 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor