Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

"Blue Screen of Death?"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kohana_*

Guest_Kohana_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

I have a dell laptop that for a little over a year now, has had the "blue screen of death" when I turn it on. When it first happened, it had not been the first time, but since I was still able to start up my computer, I (stupidly) ignored it. Now I am unable to start it up, even in safe mode. I can ENTER the screen when it gives the option to enter in safe mode, but as soon as I click it, it starts to load and then goes right to the blue screen. Is there anything I can do to fix it myself?

Edited by boopme, 01 June 2012 - 03:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,561 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

Hello and what is your operating system,XP,Vista etc....

Did you have malware issues?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Guest_Kohana_*

Guest_Kohana_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

It's a windows XP, and as far as I know I don't think it had malware issues, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

EDIT:
I moved this to the XP forum

Edited by boopme, 01 June 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

Moderator bump
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,551 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

If possible...please post the exact content of the BSOD message.

What model laptop?

Have you tried the System Restore option from the menu that allows you to boot into safe mode?

Louis

#6 Guest_Kohana_*

Guest_Kohana_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

Update - I contacted a friend of my husbands that works with computers and he told me that I would either need a new hard drive, or just buy a new laptop which he suggested. Thanks for trying to help me out any way though!

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:28 AM

Thank you for keeping us informed, happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users