Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Out Of Options

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin1

Kevin1

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 28 February 2006 - 05:26 PM

need help....i think i have spy sheriff......i have tryed the link thats in this site (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How_to_remove_SpySheriff_Winstallexe_Spysheriffexe-t22402.html)

but that did not work.....as im still having 2 icons pop up in the lower right hand corner of my comp telling me system alerts for possibly spyware and given me a link for adaware sheriff and regfreeze....

when i run hijack and search for some of the files in that post they dont come up.....ive had someone help me out to delete some of the stuff brought on by this but i just keeps seeming to come back......

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kevin1

Kevin1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2006 - 05:27 PM

also changing my desktop background to

warning your computer might be infected...its in black and red.....

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:52 PM

I suggest that you post a HijackThis! log to our volunteer team experts for review; they can work with you to get rid of the malware. Please read and carefully follow the instructions here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Include in your post of the log information about what problems you are having.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Kevin1

Kevin1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:59 PM

ok thanks

#5 Marigold

Marigold

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:26 AM

You could try a- squared in safe mode. Try it first normally, if it says you have Spyfalcon turn off System Restore go on in Safe Mode and run it again. Don't forget to turn on System Restore again when
you go back on.

a - squared

Forgot to add that there is a Free Version of a-squared which I use. Scroll down their Web page
until you find the Download.

#6 Marigold

Marigold

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:52 AM

A friend could not get Spyfalcon out of his computer so he downloaded this Tojan Hunter which was free for thirty days and it did the trick.

Trojan Program

#7 bignight

bignight

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:50 AM

did you turn off system restore before you ran all them programs, this might be why it is coming back if you didn't,

Edited by bignight, 01 March 2006 - 08:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users