Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Are Chromebooks also really available on a monthly rental fee?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alvas Rawuther

Alvas Rawuther

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

Are chromebooks really available on a monthly rental fee? I don't see any reference to any subscription fee on Google's chromebooks website. And will I get free hardware upgrades on the upfront payment schemes as well for Samsung and acer devices?

If not, then what about all that Google had said before and the 'always new' phenomena and those ads which showed that even if you lost your device you could get one for free? And what about all those other ads which told about free software and hardware upgrades? Are they history now?

:)
SYSTEM SPECS.
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz | 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz RAM | 488 GB WD SATA HDD | 1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 | No real-time antivirus | MBAM on-demand | Windows 7's Built-in Firewall |

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 unknownvariable

unknownvariable

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

Well, if you want a chromebook you could always justdual-boot ChromeOS on your laptop.... As for this chromebook-leasing, this is the first I've heard it brought up again in a while - it's kind of faded away into the background again XD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users