Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Beware of new email scam asking you to import Diamond Purifier

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

As a word of warning to our visitors, there is a new e-mail scam under way where the scammers are impersonating a company called Emporium Jewelries Group Limited. This scam is a new face for the same old scam where they are trying to get you to send them money in return for a generous commission. The interesting thing for me at least, was that they are now giving their pitch via an attached jpg image. This is being done to avoid spam protection.

The subject of the email is Enquiry and the message contents are "Dear Sir,Kindly view attached proposal." The email also has an .jpg image attachment showing a letter from a Mr. Robert Marshall that contains the pitch. This image shows a professional looking letterhead from a Mr. Marshall where he is asking for your assistance in procuring White Diamond Purifier and Green Diamon Purifier from someone in Dubai.

That letter looks so professional, I want to quit my day job and see if I can get rich importing Diamond Purifier! I mean the image shows it's certified, so it must be legit!

In all seriousness, people do fall for these scams, so if you get an email similar to this one please delete it and ignore.

The contents of the letter can be seen below.

Posted Image

Dear Sir,
There is a product our company needs from Dubai (U.A.E) but we are having problem from the owner of the product due to language barrier.

We contacted the owner of the product through his telephone number but could not understand his language as he speaks Arabic only.

His name is Mr. Ibrahim Khalil, Please if this proposal interest you do get back to us for modalities and we will also give you the telephone number of Mr. Ibrahim Khalil for you to call and confirm if he has the product we need, the price and colour of the product because the colour we want now is Green Diamond Purifier and White Diamond Purifier, we use to buy it at the rate of $480 per gram and we need about 4kilos.

Assist us to know if the man has up to 5Kilos and each gram that we are buying, we are adding some commission for your assistance.

Once you confirm, our company will be coming twice in a month. Please co-operate with us because this is a lifetime.

Regards,

Mr. Robert Marshall
+44-792 4514941
Reply: marshall01@kimo.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ogrady

ogrady

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

It is always nice to see the variations that come up to get your money. The one that I have seen in use recently that has taken in regular types of people is "The Secret Shopper Scam." I have heard stories
and these people are crying , literally, that they lost a whole account of 4K and that they haven't broke the news to their significant other. Talk about a tough spot. Anyways, it is good to see what is making rounds and what scammers use to get a persons attention and trust.

#3 lti

lti

• Members
  • 600 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

I don't know what the person who wrote that letter is trying to say. It makes no sense to me.

#4 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

>>>Once you confirm, our company will be coming twice in a month. Please co-operate with us because this is a lifetime<<<

:blink: :unsure: :scratchhead:

That makes two of us, iti.

Edited by Union_Thug, 30 May 2012 - 10:30 PM.

#5 TriggerJinxed

TriggerJinxed

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

But I'm a Nigerian Prince!!
I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. ~Stephen Hawking

#6 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

'TriggerJinxed'>>> But I'm a Nigerian Prince!! <<<

***ROFLSNORT*** Thanks for the belly-laugh & welcome to BC.

Edited by Union_Thug, 31 May 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#7 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

We contacted the owner of the product through his telephone number but could not understand his language as he speaks Arabic only.

And since the email is in English, bad grammar but English and their target must also speak Arabic? How many people can this affect?

I know I wouldn't fall for it no mater how dumb I was since I don't speak Arabic.

Being a skeptic I went right away to Google and found these trust (Not) inspiring results
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=%2B44-792+4514941&oq=%2B44-792+4514941&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=hp.12...2409.2409.0.3886.1.1.0.0.0.0.64.64.1.1.0...0.0.lPSw5uk7wgM&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=1ec32fd6d2b822f7&biw=1024&bih=619

Regent Jewel Group Email Scam from UK
Noxx Company Profile, Manufacturer in Hampshire, United Kingdom
SPAM Enquiry reply urgent - archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Roman Obadilla - 44-792-4514941 - RomanObadilla consulting

Not to mention the Bleeping Computer report.

and so on all showing that Phone Number.

Cheers

Edited by rotor123, 31 May 2012 - 12:05 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

But its a CERTIFIED TRUE COPY! It has to be legit!

#9 herg62123

herg62123

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

This is a CERTIFIED TRUE COPY Response:

If you believe this letter than I have some land in the :cold: North Pole :cold: . The :santa: attendant :santa: there is well known around the world and he plays with Reindeer.

Get back to me quickly cause he only comes once a year and is a lifetime.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

This is Artists Against 419 Fake Database and look what I found:
http://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=67626

and here

http://forum.aa419.org/viewtopic.php?p=254483&sid=d4ecda5b87bff719811b56e166051d0a

Added the Santa emoticon and Fake Data Base link to emporiumjewelriesgroup

Edited by herg62123, 31 May 2012 - 12:55 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users