Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Customized or Personalized the icons in win7?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Undefeatable RJ

Undefeatable RJ

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

Got a Toshiba laptop and no idea how to customized icons. My aim is to have icons only and wherein I can also replace the icon.

For instance, "COMPUTER" icon.
I can only see the computer icon on my wallpaper area and no word "Computer" on it.
Also, if it is possible for the computer icon to be replaced with a different icon such as my face..

I am sorry but I am new to win7... have been using XP for many years..
Thanks..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

Hi

This is limited but if you right click on the desktop and choose personalize (Bottom Selection)
Then on the left side near the top select change Desktop Icons
Then change Icons you can choose from the built in icons or choose browse and use a .ico file.

As far as no name on a icon just right click on it and choose rename from the list and delete the name. The icon will still show with nothing under it and you can always change it again by the same process.

Certain icons you can not do that with. You will know they won't have a rename option.

Other things like folders you can right click, choose properties and then customize.
Then select change Icon.

Program shortcuts, right click on the shortcut and towards the bottom in the middle will be change icon.

Programs themselves that doesn't work, only with shortcuts.

Good Luck and Hope this helps.
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 30 May 2012 - 04:41 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 Undefeatable RJ

Undefeatable RJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:18 AM

Hi Roger.. Thanks a lot.. The steps you sent really helps...

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

Hi, Good to hear it.

Have a good week
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users