Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows admin password changed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dudder

dudder

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:41 AM

I restarted my computer because it was acting slow and funny. when i tried to log in to my account the password didnt work anymore. i ended up just rebooting my whole computer. seems to work fine now. however anyone know why this happened? is this some sort of spyware or virus?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

Post exact onscreen error message, please.

Louis

#3 dudder

dudder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

It would just tell me that i entered the incorrect password when i would try to log into my windows account. and since i had no other windows account i had to just reformat my whole computer. i was just wondering what caused that and what will keep me safe

#4 toofarnorth

toofarnorth

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

it is impossible to know the exact reason why it acted like that without the opportunity to look at the system.

if you have reformatted it you should be safe.
to prevent anything from happening again you should keep your system updated with the latest security patches and updates. secunia psi is a nice tool to help you do that.

also running malwarebytes in the pro (paid) version is nice. it blocks a lot of attacks and have saved me from a lot of grief, both in the home and at work. for 25$ it is easily worth the money!

hth!

TFN

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

FWIW: I had that happen with my Win 7 install earlier this year...I think my case was a hard drive problem but I really cannot recall just what was wrong or how I corrected it.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users