Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Advisor will not uninstall, causing laptop to be slow?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rjw4688

rjw4688

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:32 AM

My Windows 7 Presario CQ62 Notebook PC recently became very slow. Programs take longer to load and frreze, and my internet connection seems like it's been halved. I've tried cleaning out my cache and cookies, scanning for viruses and malware, and even using CHKDSK to no avail. I think my problem might be stemming from the HP Advisor program, but I'm having problems uninstalling it. The uninstall progress bar will stop a little over halfway through at the "gathering required information" stage and stay there for about 10-20 minutes before an error message reading "Error 1316 A network error occured while attempting to read from the file C:\\Windows\Installer\HP Advisor.msi" Any advice on how to get rid of it? I've tried using the regular Windows uninstaller, Iobit uninstaller, and CCleaner and all have this problem. If you need any more information, let me know. And thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:10 AM

Iobit uninstaller,

You have just given one of the main reasons that you are having problems.
Uninstall ALL IObit programs, including Advanced System Care, and any other part of their programs.

Your system should work much better after this -

If you do need an Unstaller program then GOOGLE Revo Free uninstaller -

Thank You -

#3 rjw4688

rjw4688
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

Iobit uninstaller,

You have just given one of the main reasons that you are having problems.
Uninstall ALL IObit programs, including Advanced System Care, and any other part of their programs.

Your system should work much better after this -

If you do need an Unstaller program then GOOGLE Revo Free uninstaller -

Thank You -

Ok done. But what about HP Advisor? Also, any advice on some good computer maintenance programs?

#4 rjw4688

rjw4688
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:32 PM

Ok scratch that, it said the uninstall was successful but Advanced System Care still appears on my list of programs and won't go away. Also, I'm trying to delete the excess files from the Iobit folder and windows tells me they're in use by another program. And my comp is still going slow.

Edited by rjw4688, 30 May 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#5 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

Follow instructions in this forum to ask for help (creating a NEW TOPIC) http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.html

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/
Please visit this site to help remove your IObit files that will plague you for years -
Scroll down to item 17 (from memory) and use the tool developed by Fred deVries to fully remove the program -

NOTE : This is about the only real way to get rid of this garbage that locks up many computers -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users