Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic
it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.
Your Hosts file was compromised.
How do I reset the hosts file back to the default?http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034
Use the Fix it button on the page.
The file in bold is suspicious.
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\CY9D9C.EXE>>> Run Jotti's malware scan
: Please copy this line (in bold):C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\CY9D9C.EXE
- Go to Jotti's malware scan and click the Browse button,
- A window will open, right-click in the File name field and choose Paste.
- Click the Submit button and let the scan run uninterrupted.
- At the end right-click the Permalink button and choose "Copy the link".
- Open Notepad (Start => All Programs => Accessories) and click "Edition" => "Paste".
Please copy and paste these Permalink
in your next reply.If Jotti is busy
, please go to http://www.virustotal.com
Run msconfig.exe and stop the process associated with CY9D9C.EXE
Rename the file CY9D9C.EXE
Will delete it if found to be bad.
Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:Link 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.
- Disable your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
- Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
- As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
- Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
- Some Rookit infection may damage your boot sector. The Windows Recovery Console may be needed to restore it. Do not bypass this installation. You may regret it.
Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:
Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt
in your next reply.
Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protection programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDo not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall
Third party programs if not up to date can be an open door for an infection.
Please run this security check for my review.
Download Security Check
by screen317 from here
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Please post the logs and let me know if the problem persists.