Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using Photoshop Effects in Illustrator

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Alvas Rawuther

Alvas Rawuther

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

I am well versed with Photoshop and how it works. But recently, I decided to make a poster for my home and for that I'll have to use illustrator so I need some help from you guys along the way.
Here's my question,
Illustrator CS6 has some photoshop effects included by default in it's filters, my question is that after applying the effect(in this case - the cutout artistic effect), will the output be vector? Because it was made in illustrator? If not, then how can I go ahead and make it vector?

Thanks in advance.
SYSTEM SPECS.
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz | 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz RAM | 488 GB WD SATA HDD | 1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 | No real-time antivirus | MBAM on-demand | Windows 7's Built-in Firewall |

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alvas Rawuther

Alvas Rawuther
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

I posted it here first, but surprisingly the guys at the graphic design section of stack exchange solved it for me already. I guess that they are pretty good and fast and all with questions, not so with problems though - which the guys here at BC handle just great.

Oh, if anyone ever has this same problem again, then here goes the thread at StackExchange with the solution(s) - http://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/7666/using-photoshop-effects-in-illustrator-cs6

Edited by Alvas Rawuther, 29 May 2012 - 02:36 PM.

SYSTEM SPECS.
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz | 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz RAM | 488 GB WD SATA HDD | 1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 | No real-time antivirus | MBAM on-demand | Windows 7's Built-in Firewall |

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

Glad it's resolved...we don't normally close topics here at BC...we prefer to leave them open for present/future use by those who may need the info contained therein.

Happy computing :).

Louis

#4 Alvas Rawuther

Alvas Rawuther
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

Glad it's resolved...we don't normally close topics here at BC...we prefer to leave them open for present/future use by those who may need the info contained therein.

Happy computing :).

Louis

Locking a topic will not delete it, it'll only prevent further posts. So the info will stay there. Or maybe you mean that at BC you leave the topic open so that it can be re-opened when anyone else has the same problem, no?
Doesn't matter much anyway, it all the same. Thanks. :)
SYSTEM SPECS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users