to the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs Forum,
My name is TechExtreme
and I am here to help you!
While I am helping you clean your computer, please do not run any tools, other than what I direct you to run. By not running any other tools than what I direct you to run, we can make the task of cleaning your computer quicker and easier. Some programs can interfere with others and make the recovery process take a much longer period of time.
Please perform all of the steps in the order I give them to you and do not proceed if you do not understand my directions. I will be happy to answer any questions or clarify anything you are unsure of.
Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems please stop and tell me about it.
When your computer is clean I will inform you that your logs are clean and I will also provide you with detailed suggestions for prevention of any further infection.
After 3 days
if your topic is not replied to I will assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.
Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. The tools required to clean your computer will be based on its current state and any changes might delay my ability to help you.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
- Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
- A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
- Notepad will open with the results.
- Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Post both logs (no need to zip attach.txt).
- Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE
Please download GMER
from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
* Main Mirror This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
* Zipped Mirror This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
* Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
* Temporarily disable any real-time active protection
so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.
* Double-click on the randomly named
GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
* Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
* GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
* If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO
* Now click the Scan
button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
* When the scan is finished, click the Save
... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log
* Click the Copy
button and paste the results into your next reply.
* Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.
-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.