Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

White Screen on Laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 idontknow1996

idontknow1996

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

A few weeks ago, I my computer screen started turning white, specifically while I was playing games. THe screen would last for only a few moments, and I was then able to resume what I was doing before. Lately, the white screen started to last longer and longer, until the point where I am at now, where my laptop's screen is permanently white.

I've plugged it into an external monitor, and I'm able to do use it as if it was my normal computer
I've tried reconnecting the video chord to the screen itself, that didn't work

The laptop is a Pavilion g4-1016dx and I am using Windows 7

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Larry D. Lawrence II

Larry D. Lawrence II

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

The White screen problem you are seeing is possibly dueto a dying controller located on the LED screen its self Since you havereseated the video cable and made sure the connections are secure and thelaptop is still exhibiting the problem it leads me to believe the display itsself has suffered a failure at this point I would recommend a replacementscreen.

Larry D. Lawrence II
MCSE, MCP,ACMT, ACTC
Dell, HP, Toshiba, Apple, Lenovo, and IBM Certified Technician

#3 idontknow1996

idontknow1996
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

I know I haven't responded in a while, and I would like to thank anyone who responded, but while I was trying to fix my laptop, I hit the escape key a couple of times and next thing I know the screen was back to normal
I was wondering if anyone knew why this happened, and if there is a way to prevent this from happening again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users