Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer 9 Crashing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TomH1009

TomH1009

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

Hi

I have been running Internet Explorer for a few months now, and only over the last few weeks has this problem started occuring.

If I have several tabs open (some of them private tabs which include sites I have logged on to), every now and then, I get a pop-up which says "Internet Explorer has stopped working". It searches for a solution, but always fails and comes up with another pop-up which says "Internet Explorer has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." The only option on this window is to "Close program", so I click that and it briefly closes some tabs, then re-opens them.

I am running Windows 7, but this problem has only started occuring over the last few months. I am on a work computer, so would hope I'm not infected, as I have private data on this computer.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

*Edit: Moved topic from Windows 95/98/ME to Windows 7. ~ Queen-Evie*

Edited by Queen-Evie, 28 May 2012 - 03:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

Just for a first try do this -
First : Do you have a second browser installed, as you should always do this (Chrome / Firefox / Etc. Your choice) ?
Next : remove I.E. 9 from Programs and Features, and download Internet Explorer 8 and then update later.

- Often your version may be corrupted -
Thank You -

Edited by noknojon, 28 May 2012 - 09:52 PM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

I would try to reset IE 9 before uninstalling or trying a different browser.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Louis

#4 TomH1009

TomH1009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:52 AM

Hi

Thanks for your speedy replies!

Noknojon, I uninstalled IE9, installed IE8, then updated... but the problem still occurred.

Hamluis, I have just taken your advice and reset Internet Explorer using the link. It's too soon to tell if the issue is still there, but I will let you know.

Thanks for your help!

Tom

#5 TomH1009

TomH1009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:05 AM

Hi again

I don't want to jinx it, but the problem seems to have been fixed! I've been working using IE9 for a couple of hours now, and the error message hasn't appeared and it hasn't crashed at all.

Thanks for your help!

Tom

#6 daniel22

daniel22

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

I had the same problem as you and after resetting IE it's been working fine since so hopefully it'll be the same for you.

http://www.murden-it.co.uk/it-support-kent-sussex.html

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,416 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

If you have any future problems...just initiate another topic or add to this one...someone will try to assist :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users