Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Accessing Network External Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Quevvy

Quevvy

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:58 AM

In my house, we have a BlackArmor Seagate external hard drive (1TB) hooked up to our network. I am trying to use Linux on a machine to transfer files to the external hard drive, but I am getting stuck on the "sharing" portion of the network. I don't know how Linux works with networks and workgroups, but I would like to be able to access other devices. All the other devices on our network are Windows XP, Vista or 7. The external hard drive is running a Windows NT 4.9 Server, so I don't know if I can use other OSes on it.

If accessing the external hard drive is not possible in this case, would it be possible to connect directly to another computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users