Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc case parts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gunny3053

Gunny3053

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

Hi Gang

This might be a little off the norm for this secion, but I have a Thermaltake Shark PC case and I am needing some parts for it. I bought a used one and some of the parts are missing, like screws, HD mounts, etc. An ideas.?

Thanx....Gunny

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Screws are easy, go to your local hardware store (Lowes(t) or Home Despot will suffice, but try to find an actual hardware store, their employees actually know something about "hardware")

You'll need:
6-32x0.25 (#6 screw with 32 threads per inch one quarter inch long)
and
M3x5 (M= Metric so they are 3mm diameter and 5mm long)

the #6's fit almost everything except the hard drives and some motherboards

the M3's fit hard drives and the remaining motherboards

(Bonus style points awarded for using black oxide and either Torx or Allen(hex) headed screws :) )

for the outside of the Case and the PSU I usually use thumb screws for ease since those are parts I'm fond of removing but they are just the #6's I listed earlier.

Chrome Thumbscrews

Black Anodized Thumbscrews

If you are missing Motherboard standoffs you'll need a set

motherboard Standoffs

For the Hard Drive mounts most likely you'll have to get them directly from Thermaltake but their website is currently down so I cannot get part numbers for you

Posted Image

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

Screws are easy, go to your local hardware store (Lowes(t) or Home Despot will suffice, but try to find an actual hardware store, their employees actually know something about "hardware")

I wish I had a Home Despot nearby! ;-)

Many of the parts inside a case are standard and, if you know the exact size and type of what you need, are fairly easy to come by. Newegg sells stand-offs and hard drive screws are easy to obtain as well depending on your case and/or drive cage.

3939.png

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

You can buy screws and standoffs on newegg, I often find them on ebay. . .either that or dig through the garbage bin at your local computer store-their notorious for throwing away old computers, that have loads of good screws and other parts.

Edited by the_patriot11, 26 May 2012 - 05:51 PM.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users