Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 update issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ttown5255

ttown5255

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:31 AM

I am running windows 7 64 and get a code error od "80070005" when I try to update my windows software. My Microsoft Security Essentials also quit working so i went to reinstall and it would not let me. I even had to install a 3rd party software (Revo Uninstall) to to be able to uninstall software. Any ideas on how to solve these issues?

Edited by Orange Blossom, 26 May 2012 - 11:46 AM.
Moved from Windows 7 to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 everready

everready

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

Hi ttown5255,

Well I hate to be an alarmist, but windows update not working and AV program stops working at the same time sound like a Malware attack of some sort. Without updates and any antivirus software working your system is wide open to further exploitation. Check to see if your firewall up and operating.

I would start by backing up my data if you do not have backups already, then try a system restore to see if you get back control of the system. A system restore will NOT remove Malware, but it could get the Updates and AV software working again, and give you some control and protection.

If you can't get system restore to work,install a anti virus program and/or the firewall is off, get on a second computer and download Karspersky TDSSKiller and run on your troubled PC. You find it at this link Karspersky TDSSKiller. It runs fairly quick and looks for rootkits. Then download Malwarebytes free version on the second computer from here Malwarebytes . Then run it on the troubled computer as well.

Also, if you can get AV install and some control back, you can run a on-line scan at ESET Online scan.

Let us know how it goes. Many forum member are very skilled at removing tough malware, so you came to the right place.

Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users