Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nod32 Infiltrations

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JoeWatson

JoeWatson

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

I am trying to find out what action to take with NOD32 infiltrations. I did a virus scan and at the end it showed scan completed - number of Infiltrations 6.

What do I do with these. Is it possible to delete them?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

An infiltration is essentially a detected threat and in most cases relate to suspicious objects or possible new/unknown suspected malware. The term is referenced throughout the Eset NOD32 5.2 User Guide.

Section 4.1.1.7 addresses when "An infiltration is detected" and how infiltrations are handled by NOD32.

Section 4.1.1 address log files where can find specific info about the infiltration.

The threat log offers detailed information about infiltrations detected by ESET NOD32 Antivirus modules. The information includes the time of detection, name of infiltration, location, the performed action and the
name of the user logged in at the time the infiltration was detected. Double-click any log entry to display its details in a separate window.

ThreatSense Early Warning System sends information about new infiltrations from a computer directly to ESET for analysis which speeds the reaction to virus threats as explained in this Knowledgebase Article.

Regular scanning is recommended to remove infiltrations that may have been missed due to old virus signature updates. Smart scan checks all files on local drives and automatically cleans or deletes detected infiltrations. 4.1.1.6.2 Options expains how to use the Options section to select the methods used when scanning for infiltrations, i.e. Heuristics, Advanced heuristics/DNA/Smart signatures, Potentially unwanted applications, Potentially unsafe applications.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 JoeWatson

JoeWatson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:09 PM

@quietman7

Many thanks for your very helpful and detailed reply.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:17 AM

You're welcome.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif