Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What are best methods for a Clean Install of XPpro sp2?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AltElvis

AltElvis

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

Hi All,

my laptop is a Lenovo t61 running XPpro sp2... on Tues this box was infected with some kinda Trojan virus, redirect malware crap... what i understand, is that the operating system is to old to scan for virus & fix ... so, it's recommended to clean install the os ... only thing is, don't think i have a disk to reinstall & i'm not sure if there's a recovery partition on this box ... been looking around on this Bleeping site & i haven't found info for reinstall sources or best methods to clean install ... so any suggestions to aim me in that direction would be much appreciated.

oh, and also, any info on what it takes to install as 64 bit would help.

Much Thanx

AltElvis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

Have you checked the documentation on here: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/?menu-id=support&ref-id=products

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

Hi -
Just a quick extra to cryptodans link ........
http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewforum.php?f=29<<; Lenovo T60 & T 61 Forum area for General Questions and Answers -

You could also join their forum and ask any "Lenovo specific" questions there, as well as here -

Edited by noknojon, 25 May 2012 - 08:55 PM.

#4 AltElvis

AltElvis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

Thanx for that guys..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users