Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Recovery Series crashed my laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jklsr55

Jklsr55

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

Hey folks. Sorry for not starting out in the intro forum. I am up against it and need some help. My wife works from home as a medical transcriptionist. Her laptop is an Acer 5100 with a version on Windows 7 I got somewhere and to be honest can't remember. She got swarmed with this Windows Recovery Series virus/malware thing yesterday. I got the thing in safe mode and ran a quick scan of Malwarebytes. It looked great... no more virus. I decided to run the full scan and thats when it happened. I got some kind of error from Malwarebytes and it froze up. I tried to start it and here we are... It wont boot in safe mode, networking, command, nothing. I copied a recovery disk and tried to run it but it will not read the disk. My wife needs this laptop for work. Any advice?? I am a master plumber and would gladly swap trade secrets with any it folks out there!!
I can usually find my way out of these tech issues but this has me baffled...

I sure would appreciate any input.

Many thanks,

Jeff Legg
Billings, Montana

Edited by hamluis, 26 May 2012 - 11:04 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,320 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:32 AM

Hello, and sorry for the delay.

Please start the computer and tap F8 until the Advanced Boot Options menu opens. Select Repair Windows and let me know if that loads the Recovery environment and if you can enter it.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users