Hello and Welcome to Bleeping Computer!!
My name is Gringo
and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.
I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us
- Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
- We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.
- Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
- Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.
- Please read every post completely before doing anything.
- Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.
- Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
- A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.
At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic
Button, select Immediate Notification
, and click on Proceed
. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE:
Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE:
It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad
. Please remember to copy the entire post
so you do not miss any instructions.
The next thing I would like you to do is run this for me - http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/unhide.exe
after it is complete restart the computer and continue with these stepsSecurity Check
Download and run OTL
- Download Security Check by screen317 from here.
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
by Old Timer
and save it to your Desktop.
information and logs:
- Double click on OTL.exe to run it.
- Under Output, ensure that Minimal Output is selected.
- Under Extra Registry section, select Use SafeList.
- Click the Scan All Users checkbox.
- Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
- Click on Run Scan at the top left hand corner.
- When done, two Notepad files will open.
- OTL.txt <-- Will be opened and the that I need posted back here
- Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized - save this one on your desktop in case I ask for it later
- Please post the contents of OTListIt.txt in your next reply.
- In your next post I need the following
- .logs from OTL
- let me know of any problems you may have had