If you cannot get DDS to work, please try this instead.
Please download OTL
by OldTimer and save it to your Desktop.
- Close all other applications and windows so that you have nothing open.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
If you receive a UAC prompt asking if you would like to continue running the program, you should press the Continue button.
- Under Output, ensure that Minimal Output is selected.
- Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
Leave the remaining selections to the default settings.
- Click the button.
- Do not use the computer while the scan is in progress.
- When the scan is complete, two log files will open in Notepad:
- OTListIt.txt <- (will be maximized)
- Extras.txt <- (will be minimized in the Task Bar).
- Both logs are automatically saved to the Desktop.
- Please copy and paste the contents of OTListIt.txt and Extras.txt in your next reply.
If the Extras.txt log is too long, you may need to add a second reply to your thread or upload it as an attachment.
- Click the red X in the upper right corner to exit OTL.
: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable
to get DDS to run. If OTL did not work, then reply back here.