Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recent System Freezes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tybudd

Tybudd

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

I was just checking my error log, and I don't understand the terminology in there, for example one error that is show repetitively is:

• Session "Microsoft-Windows-Setup" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D

This is as a Kernel-EventTracing

Also:

• Event 7000 Service Control Manager (2x's)

The SAS Core Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

• Event 6008 and Event 7026, Event log (1x)

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
SASDIFSV
SASKUTIL

• Event63, SidebySide
Activation context generation failed for "c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\DelZip179.dll".Error in manifest or policy file "c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\DelZip179.dll" on line 8. The value "*" of attribute "language" in element "assemblyIdentity" is invalid.

With this information, what does it look like is the main problem?
What can I do to fix this or best way to investigate it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

Suggest you uninstall both Super Anti Spyware and Spybot. Be sure stop both from
running before attempting uninstall or boot into safe mode and run the uninstallers.

Run System File Checker. Instructions here: How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

This may be malware related. But do the above first and see if that fixes the problem.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Tybudd

Tybudd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

Suggest you uninstall both Super Anti Spyware and Spybot. Be sure stop both from
running before attempting uninstall or boot into safe mode and run the uninstallers.

U saying to uninstall them and keep them uninstalled, or uninstall them then re-install?

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,103 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

If the problem goes away after uninstalling and doing the File check, I would
use the system first for a day or two to confirm the problem is resolved.
Then you could reinstall SAS. I would not recommend reinstalling Spybot.

SAS website: SUPERAntiSpyware.com - AntiAdware, AntiSpyware, AntiMalware!
You do not need SAS FREE in startup. You may want it there if you purchased it.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Tybudd

Tybudd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:53 AM

Would you happen to have any recommendations to replace Spybot, or is it just overkill?

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,103 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:22 AM

WinPatrol is a good program to have installed. It will alert you to any attempts by programs
to install themselves in startup, registry changes, etc. It has several other uses as well. Light on using
resources. BillP Studios - WinPatrol 2012

Windows Defender has improved over the years. If you have the free version of SAS then I would suggest using WD.
Is it now activated on your system?

Firefox browser with the NoScript addon will protect you from malware driveby installs from just visiting a site and much more.
NoScript :: Add-ons for Firefox

Again, I would not install any programs until the problem mentioned in your first post is solved.

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,103 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:31 AM

deleted multipost

Edited by buddy215, 26 May 2012 - 07:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users