Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something is reinstalling removed programs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jimvt

jimvt

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:23 AM

On 5/21/12 I asked for help to resolve a problem whereby something was removing MSE then Avira then Avast. It is also removing emails both send and receive.
Malware found 3 PUP files in C:\sys\vol\info and supposedly deleted them. I tried Sophos and it found 12 files and "removed" them.
When I rebooted there was no change. MSE was still there, Sophos and the other other anti-virus pgms were gone.
Computer is very slow...Emachine T4697, XP.

Any help appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JocoseJosue

JocoseJosue

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

Okay so you really seem to have a nasty bug... I use Spyware "Doctor with AntiVirus 2012." Its $40 so it’s pretty pricey, but I considered it as a good investment because I use this program to fix computers for all my clients.

Here is the site: EDIT: Removed a pay for link.
Step 1: Download
Step 2: Scan
Step 3: Register
Step 4: Buy and fix your computer

(I think those are all the steps)

Edited by boopme, 25 May 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

Hello, while we appreciate you attempting to help. You are suggesting they pay for a product are you a reseller? If you haven't noticed we at BleepingComputer will clean this for free. That's what this is about.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users