Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pop Ups.. When Not In Internet...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Man on the Edge

Man on the Edge

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 28 February 2006 - 01:50 AM

Ever since getting rid of Spy Falcon, the damage i think is still left behind. I have frequent pop-ups coming from internet explorer( I use Mozilla Firefox) about you are the winner and stuff which falls under that category. Pop-up blockers work but there are some the interrupt my game playing saying "Your current security settings prohibit active X controls on this page. As a result, this page could not load correctly" . This could be a virus-like thing in my comp and im wondering a solution?

Moved to a more appropriate forum by moderator ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 28 February 2006 - 03:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 THUGLIFE-

THUGLIFE-

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 28 February 2006 - 04:02 AM

I bet even though you deleted Falcon, it is still calling up other spyware or malware or you are still infected with other ones. Just because you delete the actual falcon one doesnt mean more arent still there.

I say run a few spyware programs in safe mode. Check for updates first for your anti-virus program and anti-spyware programs then go into safe mode.

After running the anti-spyware, also run your anti-virus software

A couple good spyware programs to run:

Ad-Aware <<< Do a deep scan
Spyware-Blaster
Spy-Doctor <<<< My favorite

P.S. Did you know you do NOT even have to be in a browser to get a virus or malware etc. The second you connect your internet connection into your tower you are vulnerable. The old myth that you actually have to "click something" or be in a browser to get infected is false. You can get infected without ever having a browser window open.

Edited by THUGLIFE-, 28 February 2006 - 04:05 AM.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:41 AM

"Pop-up blockers work but there are some the interrupt my game playing saying 'Your current security settings prohibit active X controls on this page. As a result, this page could not load correctly.'"

Mozilla (Firefox) does not use Active-X controls (one of the reasons it is safer, by the way). Try the site using IE.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users