Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Images

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chatice

Chatice

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 28 February 2006 - 01:01 AM

I have been using Firefox as well as Internet Explorer for web browsing, especially eBay and Netflix.

I can't get any images (pictures) when using Firefox, though I can when using IE. Is there some sort of filter that's blocking the images with Firefox? If so, how can I remove it so that the images will show?

Thanks in advance for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 28 February 2006 - 01:42 AM

Hello,

Don't you see any image?
Look in the menu under tools > options > Web Features and make sure: 'Load images' are checked.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:48 AM

Does seeing no images (probably just little boxes, right?) apply to ALL web pages, or just these two sites, primarily When you visited these two sites, do you encounter any other problems?
Thanks
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:45 AM

Do you see a yellow band across the top of the screen saying that Firefox is preventing display of popups on those sites and to click there for options?

Edited by Enthusiast, 28 February 2006 - 11:45 AM.

#5 Chatice

Chatice
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 28 February 2006 - 04:00 PM

No, I did not see any yellow band across the top of the screen, and there were images on other websites but not on Netflix and eBay.

However, based on miekiemoes advice, I proceeded as follows on my Firefox page:

Clicked tools > options > content>

which showed two boxes - 'load images' and under it 'for the originating website only'.

Both were checked. To the right was a larger box labeled 'Exceptions' which was blank when I clicked on it.

So I typed in 'netflix' and 'ebay' as the websites to be allowed to load images. Then I unchecked the box 'for the originating website only'.

And that worked, so now I have images on both these websites when I use Firefox.

Thanks, guys, for your responses.

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2006 - 07:01 PM

Thank YOU for posting the solution you found!
Other members will certainly benefit from the information if they have the same problem.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users