Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes/crashes randomly, mobo red light very random too

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chromal

chromal

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:04 AM

Hello, this is my first post here, and if I leave anything or everything out then please let me know and I'll get it asap.

We got this a little over a year ago from a Compusa email special:

Processor Specification: AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T Processor
Processor Code Name: Thuban
Core Speed: 802.71 (goes from .68 to .72)
FSB - I don't see this on CPU-Z (is it the field that says multiplier? if so it changes from 4.0 to 7.2)
Speed - 200.7 MHz

Mainboard Tab:

Motherboard Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Motherboard Model: M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3
Graphic Interface Version: PCI-Express
Graphic Interface Transfer Rate: Doesnt say in CPU-Z?

Memory Tab:

Type: DDR3
Size: 8192 MBytes
Frequency: 2006.8 (changes from .7 to .8)

DirectX Version: 11

Display Properties:

Device Name: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Device Chip Type: ATI Display Adapter (0x68B8)
Device Approx. Total Memory: 753MB

Drivers:

Main Driver: aticfx64.dll, aticfx64.dll, aticfx64.dll,a (why does it repeat itself over and over?)
Version: 8.961.0.0

The problem is that it literally freezes up at any moment at any time. We have Carbonite installed (I don't know why, I don't even like it) and have found that to be a resource hog so we've disabled that and it seemed to work for awhile. Now we're getting complete freezing to the point of hard powering down. We do get the hourglass when opening programs and browsing the internet at times, but disabling Carbonite has seemed to help that tremendously.

Also, the motherboard can flash red and shut the computer down at any time, and on startup I sometimes get a solid red light followed by nothing but silence, other times it may go off and the computer then boots on its own. It's completely random as to what the computer is going to do when I hit the power button to turn it on.

If I left anything out, again please let me know, and I'm not a computer expert so go easy on me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chromal

chromal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

gateway 5012 3 gb ram, dual core 2.8 ghz original 250 gb hardrive, added a 500 gb harddrive original ram was 1gb (2 512 simms) added 2 1gb simms to get to 3gb.

Hamluis reccomended I post this question here.

From an earlier post trying to track down some issues. Speccy shows my motherboard is at 57 degrees Celsius constantly.
If I start programs it jumps to as much as 63 degrees, once I saw it at 64 ,speccy shows it red at 64 degrees.

When i start other programs, any program that takes time to start such as IE, the secondary fan starts up and seems to cool down the motherboard to 57 again. This second fan pulls air past the heatsink of the CPU.
The fan seems to speed up as the temp gets hotter and slowsdown as the temp goes down to 59 then 58 and is off at 57.

Is this normal or do I have a problem?
If it is a problem what can I do?

This is my speccy link http://speccy.piriform.com/results/dMTN8nHIlVZ0VEZdQPOqRmd

Not trying to hijack your thread, but I'm almost positive the temp readouts on my PC are wrong as the mobo has been at a minimum of 60-61c for over a couple months now. It can supposedly get up to 115c (I don't believe that) before it will shut itself down, but I can put my hand in the box and it feels perfectly normal. I'm not saying this is what your problem is, and I don't even have an official diagnosis that this is what my problem is, but I'm sure it's possible for others.

Edited by hamluis, 24 May 2012 - 03:36 PM.
Moved post to own topic - Hamluis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users