Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anybody Use Inksell.com?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KermitD

KermitD

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:11 AM

I'm on my 3rd Black and 2nd Color cartridge from Inksell.Com. And my printer doesn't print worth a hoot. The first time I substituted inksel for HP they worked like a charm (that is, like the originals) But now it seems like the ink isn't flowing. The only thing that prints like it is supposed to is when I click "Clean printheads"

I don't know if it is the ink (I'm sure HP would say it is.), but that's the only thing I have done differently. Maybe the printer just isn't up to it any more. The cartridges are practically new so I know it isn't a low-ink situation.
It seems to be in the mechanism after the cartridge. I guess that would be the print heads.

Has anyone had any problems with "cheap ink"? Better yet, has anyone solved any problems like the one I am describing?

It's a $500.00 printer/fax/copier/scanner and up to now, I have had absolutely no problems. It's about 3 years old. I really don't want to think about replacing it.
KermitD
Choices have consequences.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 28 February 2006 - 02:49 AM

I have a HP G85i All-in-One and a Epson R300 and all we use is the eBay "Bob's brand" (No Name) ink. The G85 is about 5yrs old. The Epson 6 mos. No problems here.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 28 February 2006 - 09:08 PM

I use an Epson Stylus Photo RX 500.
I tried using the no-name cartridges once.
Didn't care for the print quality, especially when printing photos.
Colors ran, and the black looked more like dark grey.
Tried 3 different types of photo paper, with no change in the results.
Went back to Epson inks.
For me, the quality difference was worth the extra costs.

Edited by tg1911, 28 February 2006 - 09:08 PM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 KermitD

KermitD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:34 PM

Well, shucks, golly. I need to learn how to read. My printer kept telling me to replace the print head and I kept replacing the cartridge. I didn't even know the print heads were replaceable by the user. I feel like a dumb-A. Thanks, anyway y'all.
KermitD
Choices have consequences.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users