Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"No Audio Output Device is Installed" error, even when sound card appears to be installed correctly

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mtryder

mtryder

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:01 AM

Hello, and thanks in advance for your time!

Earlier this afternoon, I noticed that the sound on my Thinkpad W510 was no longer working. I hadn't really done anything of note with my computer- just updated Adobe Reader to v9.2, that I can think of. When I checked the notification area, I saw this:

Posted Image

However, when I right click and click "Playback Devices", I get the following:

Posted Image

I immediately checked Device Manager, and found that everything appeared to be fine:

Posted Image

I tried uninstalled and reinstalling the Conexant and NVIDIA drivers, as well as updating BIOS. Nothing seems to help,

When try to use the mute/volume buttons on the keyboard, the speaker mute button lights up when pressed, but the microphone mute and volume +/- buttons don't appear to do anything. I've also tried plugging in headphones, and that does not make any difference. When I boot from an Ubuntu CD, however, sound works fine, so I don't think that it's a hardware issue.

Anything that you folks could do to point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users