Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File names remaining after files have been deleted

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 senare

senare

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:36 PM

I decided to uninstall DAZ 3D Studio 3 from my laptop. I went through all the uninstalls that came with, I then deleted any files that were left over in the program file location and user locations. However I still have a link to Daz in my start menu and the file under that says that there is 0 bytes to the file. When I run a search for Daz 3d I end up with this huge list of file names that won't delete and when I try I get this error message:

Could not find this item

this is no longer located in FILE NAME ADDRESS. Verify the item's location and try again.

Installed Content
Date created:

To which I want to say "no duh" since I deleted the folder in that location. I've checked my uninstall programs area and nothing is listed. I've run CCleaner including the registry cleaner. I'm at my wits end. Help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:56 AM

You can safely delete the shortcut in the Start menu yourself. If you want to make sure there are no remnants of the program you can use Revo Uninstaller
http://www.revouninstaller.com/

#3 senare

senare
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

I have tried to delete the shortcut from the start menu it won't let me. Also this program looks like something that needs a "for dummies" manual. I would like help please.

Edited by senare, 24 May 2012 - 10:59 AM.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,666 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

Run revo then reboot and let's see what happens.

Edited by Allan, 24 May 2012 - 10:57 AM.

#5 senare

senare
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

How do I run it?

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,666 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

You download it, install it and run it.

If you need additional information there's a link to a user manual here: http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_how_to.html

#7 senare

senare
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

I downloaded, I installed it, I'm looking at it there are several different options to choose from. The issue is WHAT do I choose from? Especially since what I want to remove isn't found in the items that the program provides.

EDIT: Okay i think I'm figuring this out. I'm not usually as bull headed as this, honest. lol

Edited by senare, 24 May 2012 - 11:46 AM.

#8 senare

senare
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

Okay, there is no reference to DAZ 3D in the uninstaller area. I ran the Junk Files Cleaner and there was no mention of the program there either.

The shortcut is still in the start up menu and when I do a file search this is what I find (the list is considerably smaller than the last time I looked at it) I've included a screen cap of what the search resulted in as its what I can't remove. I try to delete and it tells me the file isn't in that location.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users