Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Celas 50 virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Camoron

Camoron

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

Hi there, I have seen other people have had this problem with this 'Celas virus' that asks you for £50 to unblock your computer due to "illegal downloads"

I've tried 'safe mode' and alt+cntrl+del but nothing worked

My laptop is a dell studio windows vista perhaps 32x not sure

I need this sorted ASAP and would love a response!! I'm from UK just I case that's matters for keyboards etc.

Many thanks!!

Cameron

Edit: Moved topic from Vista to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

You are unable to boot into Windows normally or in Safe Mode?

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

#3 Camoron

Camoron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

You are unable to boot into Windows normally or in Safe Mode?

Yes im unable It always comes up with the 50 that can't be closed or passed on normal boot as well as safe mode!

#4 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

So you are able to boot into Windows, you just get this popup every time you do. Does that sound right?

Are you able to access the internet in Windows normally or in Safe Mode With Networking?

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

#5 Camoron

Camoron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

So you are able to boot into Windows, you just get this popup every time you do. Does that sound right?

Are you able to access the internet in Windows normally or in Safe Mode With Networking?

No I can't access Internet in windows normally or in safe mode with networking

And it's not exactly a pop up it's the whole screen wanting me to pay money to unlock the computer but you can't close it

#6 Camoron

Camoron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

You don't get to access anything nor desktop as it completely takes over screen

#7 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:32 PM

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

#8 Camoron

Camoron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

How can I do these steps if I cannot download anything on my computer or Access the Internet or desktop!?

#9 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

At the very least, you need to post to that section of the forum.

I'm not authorized to help you further, only the MRT is able to now.

#10 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,926 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

As you posted about your problem here, I will now close this topic. A malware response team member will pick up your topic within the coming days.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users