and welcome to the forums!
My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short)
, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'll be addressing you by your username, if you'd like me to address you by something else, please let me know!
I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:
Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system or even taking your computer into a repair shop.
- Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
- Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
- If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
- In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
- If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
- Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
- Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
- I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
failure to reply will result in the topic being closed! I like chocolate chip cookies.
- Because of this, you must reply within 3 days
- Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data and have means of backing up your data available.
Please give these instructions below a try. You will need access to a Flash/USB drive to perform the following below:Running FRST
For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
and save it to a flash drive.
For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64
and save it to a flash drive.
Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.
Enter System Recovery Options
. To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup Repair
- Restart the computer.
- As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
- Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
- Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
- Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
- Select your user account an click Next.
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
[*]Select Command Prompt
[*]In the command window type in notepad
and press Enter
[*]The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open
[*]Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
[*]In the command window type e:\frst.exe
(for x64 bit version type e:\frst64
) and press Enter Note:
Replace letter e
with the drive letter of your flash drive.
[*]The tool will start to run.
[*]When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
[*]It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.[/list]