Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell M17x Alienware randomlly powering off

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alexander7567

alexander7567

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

Hello,

My Dell M17x laptop is randomly shutting off. Usually during while trying to boot windows but sometimes before and sometimes even after windows loads. This happens almost every time I turn it on.

I spilled coke on the computer and it would not turn on at all. So I replaced the motherboard and it finally came on, it just shuts off.

I have M17x (either r1 or r2) 4gb X 2 Ram sticks, 320gb hdd, and 2 video cards.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

Hello, could you describe more about your problem? it quite confused about what you telling :whistle:

Does your problem started when you spilled coke on your computer (does it Laptop?) and you get replaced your Mainboard and it will shuts off after you turn on that laptop?
If that was your problem, could you tell who that replaced that Mainboard? if that was from Dell please bring it again to Dell as maybe it was still on warranty and if you try to fix it with yourself it will broke your laptop warranty.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users