Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newest Newbie

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brillo

brillo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:08 PM

Hi folks,

I'm Rob.

After 25 years plinkin on puters, I find my knowledge about maintaining their health and well being is remarkably insignificant (altho, many moons ago in grad school, I actually wrote a small program in Pascal that simulated dynamic metabolic activity). We have 3 of the beasts (Dell Dimension, Inspiron 9300 and 6000), jerryrigged into a sort of network at home. When "stuff happens", I have to fix it. The other two members of this household are teenage girls.... I try to encourage geekiness, but no, SOCCER RULES here. So I approach this site humbly with some fairly specific questions about keeping these things working at least and getting out of them something close to their potential at best. Significantly reducing repair bills along the way would be wonderful!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:04 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, Rob.
Just post your questions in the appropriate forums, and we'll see what we can do to help you out.
We work cheap, too. :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:00 AM

:thumbsup: to BC! brillo.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers:

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:44 AM

Welcome to BC!
If we can help, think of the extra soccer balls you can buy!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users