Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 security policy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SysTech Guy

SysTech Guy

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

I have a scenerio where I have to allow normal users on 3 tablets (windows 7) to enable and disable the wireless adaptor.

They do not have a keyboard, except for the touch screen.

This is only for testing, so it is temporary.

I have the netsh command in a batch which will either turn off of turn on the adaptor. Problem is that these users cannot have admin rights to run the batch. I can select 'run as administrator' as a property, but that still prompts for a password.

Is there a way to allow the netsh batch file to run through a local security policy, just for now?

If so, where should I focus?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

Hi -
Can you create "Guest Accounts" for these people, this way they may not need your main password to log on -

Thank You -

#3 SysTech Guy

SysTech Guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

The batch file is a 'netsh' command that disables or enables the Wirless adaptor. Whether they are logged in as Guest or their own login, they need to run the script....but can't because they do not have admin priveledges.

I need a way for them to run this script (run as admin) without having to put in an admin password and not telling them or displaying the admin credentials or even not having the password in a file if I can help it.

#4 everready

everready

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

Hi Sys Tech Guy,

Here is a way to create a elevated program shortcut for Standard Users I found on Windows Seven Forum Elevated Program Shortcut for standard User

Never tried it but looks promising.

Hope it helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users