Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xcop12

xcop12

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:14 PM

Recently, my computer booted up normally, then went to black screen with the message "IO.SYS missing or bad/Insert startup disk/Press ENTER". I did so then got the message "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS START". I did so, hit ENTER, and my computer booted up, not to the disk, but to my normal startup screen. I subsequently learned that I did not even need the disk to boot up. I just hit ENTER at each message and it boots up fine. But I still get the messages each time I turn my computer on.

Can anyone tell me what's going on, why, and how to stop it?

Edited by xcop12, 27 February 2006 - 09:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:22 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! xcop12.
Sounds weird. I'd just leave it, as long as you can use your computer. If it is really bugging you, I'm sure one of our more trained and expereienced members here can assisst you.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers:

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:55 PM

Welcome to BC. What operating system are you using?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users