Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HiJackThis startup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 oldcomputer

oldcomputer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:45 PM

I'm new to this site, I don't know if this is the proper section for this or not. But that's my startup I would like to know which of those my computer absolutely needs when it starts up, can you highlight which ones to keep when i start my computer? Thanks.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 22 May 2012 - 04:51 PM.
removed HJT log

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

Hello oldcomputer. Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

You did post in the correct forum for startup questions.

However, this is not the place for Hijack This logs, which should be posted in Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs . They are not allowed in any other forum. For this reason your log was removed. Since you do not have malware issues you should not re-post the log in that forum.

Since you want to know about startup entries and I have no clue what to tell you I will request that someone else respond to you here.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 22 May 2012 - 04:59 PM.

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

Hello,

Please read the first post in this topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic33012.html which tells you how to use the Startup Database. There is also a link to a program in that post that lists all the startups on your computer and not just a few running processes.

If you have any further questions, please ask.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users