Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Allusers.WINDOWS and Defaultuser.WINDOWS in documents and settings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 im abcd

im abcd

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

So i had some problems with my pc so i had my windows re-installed , but it probably didn't get formatted properly .

Some of my previous programs were there in C:\Program Files .Some worked , some didn't . I deleted the programs which didn't work , manually by pressing Shift+Del. So , today I found out that in my documents and settings folder i have a normal allusers and default user folder and Allusers.WINDOWS and Defaultuser.WINDOWS folders .

So now i want to delete these but i cannot because it shows that it is a folder required by system to run .

Help would be appreciated , thanks :)

3dsig_zpsd150d538.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

Right...it is a system folder...and even if you delete it, it will reappear on reboot.

But you can delete the contents of such folders.

Louis

#3 im abcd

im abcd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

Right...it is a system folder...and even if you delete it, it will reappear on reboot.

But you can delete the contents of such folders.

Louis

So it is completely safe to delete its contents ?

Edit : Also i am not quite sure which allusers folder is being used by my pc . Any way to determine that ?

Edited by im abcd, 22 May 2012 - 12:05 PM.

3dsig_zpsd150d538.png

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

<<So now i want to delete these but i cannot...>>

Safe?

I don't think you asked whether it was safe or not...in any case, I didn't mean to imply that it's something I suggest or would do.

Since I'm the only user on my systems...I suppose that I could delete the contents for All Users and rely on my profile...but I don't see anything to be gained by fooling around with the Docs/Settings folders...so I haven't investigated what the results might be.

Louis

#5 im abcd

im abcd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:01 AM

<<So now i want to delete these but i cannot...>>

Safe?

I don't think you asked whether it was safe or not...in any case, I didn't mean to imply that it's something I suggest or would do.

Since I'm the only user on my systems...I suppose that I could delete the contents for All Users and rely on my profile...but I don't see anything to be gained by fooling around with the Docs/Settings folders...so I haven't investigated what the results might be.

Louis

Hmm , so maybe i should keep the all users folder the way it is .

3dsig_zpsd150d538.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users