Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having A Big Problem(A virus i guess)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheDreamingBird

TheDreamingBird

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:13 AM

So i have been having this problem for quite a while now.I got a dozen of viruses on PC(a lil while ago). So i completely formatted all drives and installed a fresh window(btw im using windows XP). But while my PC was infected i had copied some stuff from it to my Pendrive (and its new :// ). So now after installing a fresh window i just took that pendrive to my cousins pc and got it formatted and copied some files from his PC. Now i inserted the pendrive in my PC and just copied the files. Then I turned it off for a while and when i restarted it my task manager and regedit and been disabled.Also there is a problem with Show Hidden Folders and Files option.Whenever i try to enable it is just disables itself after a second or so.I tried to use a number of scripts available on the internet and HijackThis to enable them again.It works but it only works for like 2-3 seconds only.I quickly deleted the files that i copied, from my PC and pendrive. When i try to format my pendrive my PC wont allow it and it says that try closing some procceses and all. When i checked the pendrive's properties there it says that used space is 256 kb. Although there is nothing in it. But the problem still prevails and HijackThis show something like this

*****O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentV… DisableRegedit=1***** (Main Problem)

I fixed this using HijackThis and it is still there. I tried deleting it using regedit but still it recreates the file.
So please tell me how do I remove this virus or whatever it is from my PC and my Pendrive.

Edited by hamluis, 22 May 2012 - 08:53 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

Hello Does it say Disabled by Admonistrator?

lets try this
Click Start button then click the Run

Type gpedit.msc

Click on Administrative Templates
Step 4: Click the System and locate the Prevent access to registry editing tools and double click on it

Select enabled on the option button the click apply.
~~ This creates a policy to prevent access to the registry editing tools.

Select disabled in the option button then click the apply again then click OK button.
~~ This will make the policy the default,

Try Regedit

Task Manager...
This step involves making changes in the registry. Always back up your registry before making any changes.

Go to Start » Run and type: regedit
  • Click OK.
  • On the left side, click to highlight My Computer at the top.
  • Go up to File » Export
    • Make sure in that window there is a tick next to "All" under Export Branch.
      Leave the "Save As Type" as "Registration Files".
      Under "Filename" put RegBackup.
  • Choose to save it to C:\
  • Click save and then go to File » Exit.
Or you can download and use ERUNT which is an excellent free tool that allows you to to take a snapshot (backup) of your registry before making changes and restore it when needed.

Click on the link below:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
Scroll down to #275 and click "Lift Restrictions - TM, Regedit and CMD" in the left column. Go to File, choose "Save page as" All Files and save regtmcmdrestore.vbs to your desktop. Double-click on that file to allow the script to run and reboot when done. Since the script modifies certain registry settings your anti-virus package may warn you about it. Ignore the warning and allow it to run.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users