Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 BSOD on startup

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Peldan

Peldan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

Hello everyone, and welcome to my first thread! Hopefully, it's my last one. I have a "huge" problem with my computer right now. It started when I got another 2gbs of RAM for my computer(same memory stick), and I suddenly got a lot of blue screens. I ran memtest on each of the sticks, and it turned out that the RAM I got from my friend was broken. I removed it, and placed the working RAM (I ran it to 100% in memtest86, no errors) in the DIMM1 slot, and started the computer. It worked.

Next day, I came home and tried to boot the computer. I got to the point where you will log in, and then it gave me a blue screen. It said "BAD_POOL_CALLER". This happened EVERY time. Sometimes, it actually came to the "Loading Windows", and the computer just rebooted, without any errors whatsoever.

So, I removed the RAM-stick, and put it in again. It worked, until I came home the next day, and tried to boot my computer. Today, I got the computer to start once again by taking out the RAM and putting it in again, and I read the minidump file. It stated something with:
"Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+9028b )"

So, I made some googling and found out that it's a very common BSOD-causer.
I just want to know if there is any way EXCEPT reinstalling Windows and repairing windows with my Windows 7-Disc, because I don't have it.

Any help? Would really appreciate it.

TL;DR
Got new RAM, used it, got a lot of BSOD, removed the RAM, still got BSOD

Edited by jgweed, 22 May 2012 - 07:53 AM.
duplicate post. deleted. jgw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users