Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 month old compute won't turn on

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Alex510

Alex510

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:43 AM

I just bought my comp 2 months ago from cyberpower. I was playing Diablo III and after 30 minutes I got a black screen and had to power off using the power button. Would not turn on again after that, no lights or anything except for the red standby light on the middle part of the computer. The game was running very smooth and good before the freeze.

My specs are:

Asrock X79 Motherboard
8GB Corsair ram
i7 3820 processor
Xtreme Gear ATX 800W Power Supply
AMD Raedon 6850 HD Graphics Card.

Thank you for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jelerak

Jelerak

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:21 AM

If it is only 2 months old it would be better to contact Cyberpower. warranty and such.

Jelerak

#3 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

^ definitely the best choice. ^
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

Since you have a hardware problem on a 2 month old computer I have to agree with the others.

Do not spend your own money fixing hardware that should be covered under warranty.

The fact that it doesn't turn on indicates a hardware problem.

Good Luck with Cyberpower
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users