Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows update problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 grassy

grassy

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Hi guys, the little yellow windows logo appears in the bottom right corner telling me updates are available to download, so i download them and install them and the logo comes back again and i repeat the process over and over. After the install it say that the updates are installed succsessfully and 20 seconds later the logo appears again. Any help would be great. Thanks Grassy

MY SYSTEM, IN-WIN 909 SILVER CASE, INTEL 3960X PROCESSOR,CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2133 RAM,RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME BLACK EDITION MOTHERBOARD, NVIDIA GTX980ti GRAPHICS CARD,,EK 980TI WATERBLOCK
CORSAIR FORCE SERIES GS 360GIG SSD,SANDISK EXTREME 480GIG SSD,SAMSUNG 180 GIG SSD,,BITSPOWER FITTINGS
2 B&W MM1 COMPUTER SPEAKERS,DELL U3011/30 INCH MONITOR,HEATKILLER PRO4 CPU WATERBLOCK,CORSAIR AX1200 POWER SUPPLY....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:02 AM

Hi grassy -
Do you Reboot after you finish the installing of the updates ?
How many updates are listed and are they the same every time ?

Do you know how to change the settings so that you Download the updates, and Choose to Install them later -

Thank You

#3 grassy

grassy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:49 AM

Hi grassy -
Do you Reboot after you finish the installing of the updates ?
How many updates are listed and are they the same every time ?

Do you know how to change the settings so that you Download the updates, and Choose to Install them later -

Thank You

Thanks for reminding me, i had to change the settings. I was getting myself frustrated trying everything else and finally read your post and changing the settings was the one last thing i didnt do. Somewhere along the line when i had windows reinstalled the settings were changed but all good now. Thanks again bro for your post it was most helpful and solved my frustrating problem.:thumbup2: Kind regards Grassy :thumbsup:

MY SYSTEM, IN-WIN 909 SILVER CASE, INTEL 3960X PROCESSOR,CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2133 RAM,RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME BLACK EDITION MOTHERBOARD, NVIDIA GTX980ti GRAPHICS CARD,,EK 980TI WATERBLOCK
CORSAIR FORCE SERIES GS 360GIG SSD,SANDISK EXTREME 480GIG SSD,SAMSUNG 180 GIG SSD,,BITSPOWER FITTINGS
2 B&W MM1 COMPUTER SPEAKERS,DELL U3011/30 INCH MONITOR,HEATKILLER PRO4 CPU WATERBLOCK,CORSAIR AX1200 POWER SUPPLY....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users