Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Desktop Shortcut Arrangement

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ecc72

ecc72

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

I was wondering why some program shortcuts appear before folders and other items on the desktop and other shortcuts appear after the folders? This is the case no matter how I arrange desktop items. I did not know some programs even had desktop shortcuts until I looked at the desktop folder (I have a lot of folders on my desktop so some stuff is offscreen). Even in the windows explorer view of the desktop, changing the sorting option to type still arranges certain desktop shortcuts above the folders and others after the folders and a few different file types. The type of both say "shortcut" and I right clicked the properties of shortcuts from both sets and I did not see any different settings or ticked off boxes that suggest why they are treated differently.

I've been meaning to prune down the folders and files on the desktop, but I would still like all of my program shortcuts (including ones I create like "Safely Remove Hardware" when that icon sometimes does not show up at all on my toolbar) to all appear before the folders.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users