Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan in my Mac and I don't know what to do

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ohrightantlers

ohrightantlers

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

Hello. I ran two system scans with avast! on my macbook last night and both found 14 infections and 7 warnings. Here's what was found.

Posted Image

I haven't done anything yet and I really don't know what to do. I've asked at the avast! forum but I haven't gotten a response. I really don't know what to make of the warnings either. Should I Repair? Delete the infected? At this point I'm desperate because I'm really barely a novice at these things. What should I do? Has my mac been completely compromised? Is there a way to know and is there a way to fix it? Thanks :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

Hello, I am asking someone more familiar with a MAc then I to look. But you can quarantine/repair all the TRJ files.

Edited by boopme, 21 May 2012 - 06:44 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 ohrightantlers

ohrightantlers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

boopme, thank you for the prompt response! I tried repairing those files, but got an error message instead saying that avast! was unable to do it =/

Hope to hear from you soon :)

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

OK,I'll try my best..Clearing the Cache
Run Avast again.
Is that a paid AVast?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 ohrightantlers

ohrightantlers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:02 AM

boopme, I tried clearing the cache and then running avast again. Only 4 of the infected files were deleted. Also, I'm using the free mac version of avast.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

Let's try another... I asked as Ibelieve I saw this remove them..

YOu may have to uninstall avast or at least turn it off for this.

Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac Home Edition

#7 ohrightantlers

ohrightantlers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:28 AM

Ok. Thank you so much boopme!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users