Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown File

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Californian

Californian

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

When I opened my computer today, there was an unknown shortcut on my desktop. The name under this file is ကuဘuပေါu with crescent-shaped accent marks over each u similar to the mark found over this ă.

Anyone have any idea what it is? Should I remove the file along with its shortcut? If so, where would I find the file in order to remove it?

My computer is a Compaq Presario with Microsoft Windows XP Version 2002, Service Pack 3.

Thank you in adavance for your help. It is much appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

Hello, if you right click on it is there an option to scan it with your Antivirus?

If you right click on it and select Properties,then Details, does it say anything?

If you right click on it and select Properties,then Shortcut,does it say anything?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users