Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card Drivers Not Detected?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ben79k

ben79k

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

*BACKSTORY*
Hey guys, after suffering a terrible ordeal of issues from blue screens, power failure and random errors, I replaced my old NVIDIA GTS 250 which seemed to be a culprit. 200 dollars down the drain on my Radeon 6870, and I find that Windows can't even install properly, many update errors and whatnot. Sleep mode was also still not functioning, causing a bluescreen. Frustrated, I reinstalled again with one stick of RAM instead of both. Two more installs later and I'm happy to say I have a working computer with a failed video card and stick of RAM on my desk. What a nightmare of errors.

*PROBLEM*
Now that i've reinstalled for the 5th time, I'm finally error free and ready to do some setting up and general cleanup. This is honestly the first time i've had enough time error free to install my Catalyst drivers. EACH AND EVERY TIME I boot up, despite what I click or change, I keep getting this message. If you look at the picture I attach, you can see the Catalyst Control Center icon in the tray, running, and the Windows Trying To Detect This Device crap that just doesn't understand haha. Anyways, thanks in advance. Also, if anyone who has helped me with errors previously views this, We've found the problem. (Also Avast is very nice instead of McAfee, thank you. You know who you are)

Main Rig: FX4100@4.2Ghz, 16GB DDR3 1866, ASUS M5A99X EVO, 2x Radeon 6870, 128GB Vertex4 SSD, 1TB HDD, Thermaltake Chaser MK-2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ben79k

ben79k
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:54 PM

For some reason, when I got to Vista Service Pack 2 finally, this issue resolved itself. Closed.

Main Rig: FX4100@4.2Ghz, 16GB DDR3 1866, ASUS M5A99X EVO, 2x Radeon 6870, 128GB Vertex4 SSD, 1TB HDD, Thermaltake Chaser MK-2

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,546 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:41 AM

Glad you resolved it, thanks for the feedback...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users